RevisionIt’s exam time once again and hopefully you have started revising by now. Revising for GCSE exams can seem like a huge task but careful planning and effective revision techniques will make it more manageable.
You have all attended a revision workshop in school and will have discussed revision with your subject teachers but here are Ten Top Tips to get you started:
- Make sure you find out what you need to revise – speak to your subject teachers if you are unsure.
- Check when your exams are – speak to the Exams Officer if you need another copy of your exam timetable.
- Make a realistic revision plan and stick to it! – book an ExamPlan@theLearningCafé session if you need help to do this. Click here for a blank revision planner.
- Register for GCSEPod and make sure you use it – see one of the KS4 team if you need help logging on.
- Go to the Learning Café.
- Sign up for revision sessions over Easter and May half term and make sure you attend them.
- Find out which revision techniques work for you – check your revision guide for ideas on how to revise.
- Plan how you will check what you have learnt at the end of each day.
- Take regular brain breaks – take a short break every 20 minutes or so. This will make your revision more effective.
- Remember: the time to work is now. Believe in yourself and make it happen.
Download a copy of the Revision Guide (Click file – save as and save a copy to your device.)